- I’m currently at the cottage, of some friends, near Fremont, MI. They are generous and allow me to spend some time up here for a few days each Summer. I try to do some reading, thinking, processing, and planning while here. I try to get out on the kayak and slowly make my way around the lake. My favorite moment is sitting in the middle, of this little lake, and being still… Can ya feel the serenity? It is a moment in which everything slows down and things are put back into perspective. I’m thankful to my wife and family for blessing this little getaway for my soul.
- My wife and I went to the Duran Duran show in Detroit. I have been a Duran Duran fan since I was around twelve years old. Their music videos completely mesmerized me as a middle school kid. I remember an older teen coming to our house trying to play the “Union of the Snake” single backwards on my dad’s turn-table. Nothing. Ha! Anyways, we had a fantastic time and Vicki and I made a commitment to go do fun stuff like that together more often.
- This past Sunday I changed my message to speak to the prejudice/race discussions going on in our country. I found it difficult to share, because I love my faith family and I desire for every single person to go on the journey of wrestling with the issues of the day together. Our world has increasingly become polarizing and unfortunately being able to put ourselves in the shoes of one another is difficult. I hope the message was an opportunity to reflect and an invitation to join Jesus in bringing people together. Jesus is the great reconciler who calls us to be His reconciliation people!
- Getting excited about the new Watermark site. I love being involved in starting things and dreaming up new endeavors. I like rallying people together for something needed and new. The new Watermark site will begin in September and then have a more public launch in October. This Sunday we are going to have people check out the space we are going to gather in (The Trillium) off Van Wagoner and West of 31. I am most excited to hear that the emerging launch team is praying for family and friends to come to know and follow Jesus. To learn more about this – CHECK THIS OUT
- Praying for the Haiti team as they are serving with our partners in Haiti. 🙂
Anyways, thanks for stopping in!