Typically Easter weekend is a time to gather to celebrate, but thanks to an amazing team of leaders we were able to also serve our community practically.
On Saturday, the day before our Easter celebration, a huge group of Watermarkers served 101 family units a warm meal, gave helpful give-aways, listened to people’s stories, had fun with kids, handed out personal care items, and also provided a food truck with fresh food.
This day was a smashing success because:
- We were able to make personal connections with people who found themselves in need of a hand. It wasn’t just about the stuff – people listened, cared, and shared time together.
- Watermarkers led the way. Under the fantastic leadership of Becky Staal, our InCommunity ninja, Watermarkers stepped up and gave leadership to all the key areas. They did a tremendous job and many of the folks receiving assistance commented on how well things went.
- New Watermarkers served. I saw a lot of newer faces serving! It wasn’t the just the same committed crew.
- Practical needs were able to be met! Personal care items, medicine, food, and even gas cards were able to be utilized to bring hope. Thanks to all the Watermarkers who generously helped make that happen!
- We were able to be the presence of Jesus!
I feel like our faith family is at our best when we are looking beyond ourselves and banding together to offer relationship, hope, and service to folks in our community. This “Great Saturday” made “Easter Sunday” all that more special as we celebrated the fact that Jesus is alive and His Kingdom is repairing all things!
Thanks to all who participated!