He shared his story of coming to faith. He grew up in the faith, but became disenchanted by church/religion. One night while playing guitar and singing with his brother the Holy Spirit touched him and moved in his heart. He began to talk to people about Jesus and wrote worship songs and started a church.
I was inspired by his vision and focus. He is seeking to:
- See people experience spiritual transformation through Jesus. His belief is that if someone is changed by God then everything can change.
- Strengthen families so that they can be a blessing to the church family and the wider community.
- Strengthen people economically by helping them follow their dreams and provide micro-loans that give people the opportunity to provide for themselves.
- Develop the wider community and provide key services to assist the community.
- Be involved in national development (impact and serve the nation.)
He spends time regularly investing in men and professionals to develop them as leaders so they can lead smaller groups of 20-30 people. His heart is not to create professional Christians, but to help develop Christian professionals.
During my time with Pastor Johnny I was challenged to dream bigger dreams, invest in people who can invest in people, and continue to see that Jesus truly makes all the difference!
I thank God for the chance to meet with an Ethiopian brother in the faith and to learn from what God is doing in and through him.
Here is a video of Pastor Johnny leading worship. (In blue suit playing guitar.)